‘Minoxidil’ is a part of a group of medications known as hair regrowth treatments. It is usually used to treat male pattern baldness. It is not used for baldness caused due to non hereditary factors (like, baldness caused by illnesses or due to iron deficiency or medications such as cancer chemotherapy). The female pattern hair loss or thinning is said to be treated using the foam formulation of minoxidil.
It has been observed that when this medication is applied to the scalp, it often provokes hair growth. Although, the exact way it works is still not known, but it is thought to boost the blood flow around the hair follicle and trigger the hair follicle to grow hair faster.
It usually takes around 6 or more months of use of this medication to begin its work and results to be visible. Often hair loss is observed when minoxidil is first used. But, this is a temporary effect of the medication. Once hair begin to grow, it is believed to stay for as long as the medication is used. But, the hair will begin to fall out again after a few months if in case the applications are stopped.
- Most of us do not pay any attention to the gradual increase in the numbers of falling hair.
- Even when we do take not of hair thinning or loss, we don’t take professional help, we start experimenting.
- We are totally ignorant to the fact that hair fall is a general problem but occurs due to specific reasons & hence the solution varies from person to person.
- We seek professional guidance only when the thinning or balding becomes very obvious & in this process lot of precious time is wasted.
- Balding which affects men majorly, leaves them anxious to know how to regrow hair for men.
6 STIMULANTS RESPONSIBLE FOR HAIR LOSS:
STIMULANT 1:Imbalanced Diet & Unhealthy Habits-
- The hair roots known as follicles, which are responsible for health of the hair, need proper nourishment like all other parts of the body.
- Any imbalance in the diet leads to an adverse impact on the hair growth.
Deficiencies of iron, vitamins, proteins, zinc slows down the growth cycle & leads to hair loss.
- Excessive consumption of junk food also causes adverse effect.
STIMULANT 2: Illnesses & medications-
- There are certain medical conditions which trigger excessive hair loss.
- Some long-term medications & procedures affect the immune system impacting the follicles.
STIMULANT 3:Undue Stress & Anxiety-
- Modern day lifestyle is full of stress & anxiety, affecting the mental health, causing hair fall.
- The erratic sleep-cycle also contributes in hair loss.
Suggested Read: Anxiety and Stress leads to hair loss
STIMULANT 4: Excessive Styling & Use of Hair Products-
- With time, innovative gadgets, new styles are introduced but following them blindly can lead to problems.
- Heat styling is in vogue these days but it robs the hair of essential oils & moisture.
- It weakens the hair, makes them frizzy & brittle.
- Many hair products use chemicals which in return damages our hair.
STIMULANT 5: Dandruff or Scalp Infections-
- The scalp is the bed or base on which the hair grows, therefore its health is of paramount importance.
- Excessive dandruff clogs the follicles & hampers its growth.
- Any infection or illness on the scalp will lead to excessive hair loss.
STIMULANT 6: Excessive Exercise & use of Steroids-
- Whereas moderate exercise benefits hairs health, in contradiction, excessive exercise leads to hair problems.
- At times fitness enthusiast take steroids which has lots of side-effects.
6 FACTORS WHICH TEACH YOU HOW TO PREVENT HAIR FALL:
FACTOR 1: Balanced Diet-
- Have a balanced diet which will fulfil all the needs of the follicles.
- Green vegetables, fruits, dairy products, etc. should be incorporated in everyday meals.
- Lots of water & fluids will help in keeping the balance.
FACTOR 2: Tackling stress & anxiety-
- Yoga & meditation etc. will help you in keeping stress under control.
- You should have a fixed sleep cycle of 7-8 hours.
FACTOR 3: Limit use of gadgets & styling:
- Heating gadgets & styles should be kept at bay.
- Hair products of good quality should be used.
FACTOR 4: Keep your scalp clean-
- n your knowing how to prevent hair fall, the basic fact is keeping the scalp clean & healthy.
FACTOR 5: Exercise in moderation:
- Keep an exercise regime of 45-50 minutes every day.
- Do not take steroids.
FACTOR 6: General Precautions-
- Learn how to care for your hair.
- Know the correct way of washing & drying your hair.
- Curious to know how to prevent hair fall?
- Want to know how to regrow hair for men?
Come To Us at Advanced Hair Studio & Get Answers To All Your Questions:
We Are Pioneers In Hair Care Industry With An International Reputation!