Hair is that physical aspect of us which enhances our overall personality and any problem associated with tresses gives us sleepless nights. In modern times, hair loss and baldness are plaguing the old and the young, the male and the female, alike.
Hair loss and thinning, baldness affects more than fifty percent men all over the world. The causes for this condition are numerous and varies from person to person.
On the one hand, genes can be the reason of hair loss & baldness in some men but majorly, there are varied reasons which impact the health of hair in men.
Here, we will discuss a few most common factors responsible for hair loss in male population.
1. Nutritional deficiencies - Hair follicles are like any other body part and needs proper nutrition for healthy growth. An unbalanced diet causes vitamin, iron, zinc and protein deficiency, resulting in hair loss.
2. Medical Conditions - Thyroid, Diabetes and hormonal imbalances are some conditions which impact hairs health greatly.
3. Terminal Illnesses - Illnesses like Cancer & its subsequent treatments take a heavy toll on hair leading to severe hair loss.
4. Infections of the Scalp - Scalp is the bed on which hair follicles thrive hence, any infection or accumulation of dirt hampers its growth. If left unattended, it might even lead to miniaturization of the follicles.
5. Faulty Lifestyle - The biggest contributor in hair loss in modern age is the faulty lifestyle. An erratic sleep cycle, for example, triggers hair loss. Check these 8 Habits that are harming your hair strands and causing hair fall.
6. Stress - Stress & tension impacts all aspects of one’s health & hair is no exception.
7. Environmental Pollution - Another factor which has led to hair loss is the ‘demon’ of environmental pollution. Exposure to sun and pollutants leaves the hair dehydrated & frizzy, eventually damaging it.
8. Use of Chemicals - Most of the hair products like colour, shampoo, conditioner, etc. have harsh chemicals and their continuous use results in hair loss.
9. Excessive Exercise & Crash Dieting - On one hand, a moderate exercise regime makes the hair healthy but on the other, if a rigorous exercise combined with crash dieting is followed, then it leads to excessive hair loss. See this - Can Working Out Be The Cause Of Your Hair Fall?
10. Use of Steroids - Men, who are specially fitness freaks, take steroids without knowing its side effects.
It is true that the problems of hair are specific to each person but it’s also a researched and concluded fact that the above given factors are most common ones which lead to hair loss in men. Where on one hand, heredity baldness cannot be worked on, on the other hand, all the above factors can be dealt with and help in arresting hair fall.
Advanced Hair Studio, an internationally acclaimed hair studio, has all the answers to your hair problems.Looking for baldness treatment or hair loss treatment in men, step into one of our branches.
December 29, 2018
Hair loss is not a gender centric problem, but at the same time, if we look at the data available, it is the men...
December 28, 2018
The debate about hair continues to rage on. Whether it’s using toxic products to strengthen it, wearing head wraps...