Have you ever felt like your hair were not growing? It’s a common complaint amongst women with textured hair. Well, the truth is, unless there is some medical issue that prevents your follicles from producing new hair, your strands are always growing. The issue is often, not that the hair isn’t growing, but the length you do achieve from growth isn’t being retained..
Here are five reasons by Advanced Hair Studio why your hair may not be retaining length and therefore, doesn’t seem to be growing :
1. Genetics : Hair growth cycles differ from person to person mainly due to genetics. One person’s cycle may have a growth phase of 3 years while another has a growth phase of 5 years before it’s time for the hair to shed. According to the hair loss clinic, it may simply be that the growth stage is shorter than others and seems like it isn’t growing at all.
2. Unhealthy Scalp : Oil and other heavy products tend to clog the scalp pores and stunt the hair growth. Your scalp should be able to breathe. Try using natural essential oils which can penetrate your hair instead of the greasy products. Even the hair styling requires heavy products making sure that you keep your scalp clean. Clinics offering best hair treatment recommend to keep the scalp as clean as possible.
3. Split Ends : Split ends are caused due to lack of moisture, dryness and chemicals. Women, however, try to maintain the length as much as possible by avoiding haircuts yet gain no length. The hair starts splitting from the ends and continue all the way up the shaft creating thinner stands and eventually causing breakage. It’s important to trim the hair every 10-12 weeks to avoid split ends and keep the hair moisturized.
4. Age : As we get older, our hair tends to become weak. It starts to shed at a faster rate making it appear thin and short. Moreover, the production of oil in the scalp begins to slow down and due to this, you hair becomes less hydrated and appears coarser than usual. According to research, emotional stress can be linked to hair loss and decreased quality of hair. You can pamper yourself with a massage or a hair mask. It will help you relax and improve the physical appearance as well.
5. Poor hair habits : When your hair are damaged, they become weak and fragile. Poor hair care habits lead to the breakage of the hair such as excessive heat styling, chemical hair colouring, bleaching and over-manipulation from styling. These practices add a lot of stress to the hair which is already fragile, weaken the hair’s elasticity and lead to breakage, thinning and severe hair damage.
Ladies, you have struggled a lot with the thinning edges and growth pattern of your hair. You now know the reasons why your hair stop growing so arm up your hair care routine. Try to decrease the chemical and heat usage on your hair.
October 10, 2018
Let’s take a look at some of the common signs of balding listed by Advanced Hair Studio