Strong and shiny hair is the envy of peers. This makes hair care one of the most important parts of the beauty regimen of any man or woman. Lack of proper hair care ensures hair loss or unhealthy hair. But getting healthier, shinier hair is as easy as changing your daily routine. No matter what your hair type is, understand and follow these simple do’s and don’ts by Advanced Hair Studio for happier, healthier and more manageable hair dismissing bad hair days forever -
1. Don’t wash your hair with hot water - Washing your scalp with hot water will dry out your hair and create tangles which leads to excessive breakage and hair loss.
2. Massage the scalp to encourage circulation - Giving your head a revitalizing massage as you shampoo is a good way to encourage blood circulation, avoid hair loss and help detoxify the scalp. Having a strong and healthy scalp is the best way to make your hair look beautiful. Proper shampooing and conditioning is also effective in keeping the hair healthy.
3. Avoid using shampoos with sulphate - Sulphates are extremely harmful for your hair leading to excessive hair loss, strip skin of oil and breakage. You should definitely not use them if you have coloured your hair. Sulphate free shampoos are much gentler and keep the cuticles tighter so that colour from your hair doesn’t fade away. Instead you can check our hair care products by Carl Howell.
4. Gently towel dry before applying conditioner - This is very common mistake that we make. Make sure to towel dry your hair after shampooing and before you apply the conditioner. If you do not do so, excess water in the hair means the conditioner will not be able to penetrate the hair shaft and deliver the necessary moisture to keep the hair healthy.
5. Avoid the roots and concentrate on the ends - Avoid putting the conditioner on the roots as it can cause your scalp to get greasy faster. When you exercise, you sweat which means that the hair gets damp and the sweat can actually make your hair dry leading to hair loss. When you hit the gym especially during the summers, wet your hair and add some conditioner from the mid length till the end. Rinse it later leaving you with shiny hair.