Yoga today is in demand as a medium to learn to control or cure various ailments in the body. And believe it or not yoga can be used to cure hair loss as well. Surprising is it? But it’s true!
There are many practitioners who believe that you can cover your balding head with healthy hair once again by incorporating some yoga asanas into your daily routine. These not only give you healthy hair but also improve your physical and mental health. Yoga helps in maintaining harmony between body and soul, improves blood circulation throughout the body and promotes healthy hair by preventing hair fall.
Some of the asanas that help in curing hair fall are:
- Balayam Yoga: This asana is used to cure hair fall, dandruff and premature greying of hair. While doing this asana, the roots of hair follicles that are connected to the fingernails pump energy to the scalp that helps in hair growth. It is a very easy exercise in which you have to rub nails of both the hands against each other vigorously. Thumb is not used while doing this. It should be done while rubbing your nails continuously for 5-7 minutes at a stretch.
- Uttanasana: In this asana, your head hangs below your heart allowing blood to circulate properly in your scalp leading to proper hair growth. To do this asana, the first step is to stand straight with legs close enough for your knees, heels, feet and toes to touch each other. Then bend forward through your back to touch your hands to the floor and maintain this position for some breaths.
- Sasangasana: In this asana also blood flows to the head which allows proper circulation of blood to the scalp for good and healthy hair growth. For doing this asana, sit with your knees on the floor and hips on your heels. Now hold your heels by taking both your hands on the back. Place your head on the floor and slowly lift up your hips. This position should be held for 5 breaths.
- Kapalbhati Pranayam: It eliminates toxins from the air passages of the body to cleanse the mind and purifying the brain frontal portion, thus boosting blood circulation and reducing greying of hair. It is done in Sukhasana position. Keep your back straight, eyes closed and hands on your knees in Gyan mudra. Inhale air and exhale it forcefully many times through both nostrils while pulling your stomach in.
- Anulom Vilom Pranayam: It is again a breathing exercise for hair growth that removes impurities from skull nerves; benefits brain, lungs and hearts; and cures skin diseases, depression and insomnia all of which are main causes of hair fall and greying of hair. Start with sitting in padmasana. Close the right nostril with the thumb of the right hand and gently inhale through the left nostril. After complete inhalation, close the left nostril with middle finger and ring finger of the same hand and exhale completely through the right nostril.
These asanas are very easy and can be done by people of all ages.
All in all, one needs to be careful while dealing with hair fall problem as the products available in the market are not custom made: One size fits all!
If you are facing hair fall problems & looking for an exemplary hair fall treatment step into Advanced Hair Studio.
AHS is a one destination hair studio for all kinds of hair problems!