Seeing a bunch of hair on your pillow in the morning or clogging up the shower drain can be scary. But hair loss isn’t just from aging, there are some bad habits that could be the cause. Research suggests that an average person loses between 50 and 100 hair each day. If you see bald patches or hair thinning, here are a few reasons that could be the cause -
1. Washing your Hair with Warm Water - Believe it or not, the temperature in which you wash your hair matters a lot. Washing your hair with hot water can leave the cuticles open and exposed to the elements. Do the final rinse in cool water to close the cuticles and protect the hair from damage and breakage.
2. Using the wrong Styling Equipment - If you ever sit and look back whether the expensive flat iron or the blow dryer was worth the money, it turns out that it just might be. Research says that quality hair tools maintain the heat better, so you end up using the tools for lesser times and receive an equal distribution of heat throughout each strand. The less time heat is touching your hair, the better it is.
3. Using the wrong brush for hair type - Finding the correct brush for your hair type is key. When the hair is wet, look for a wet brush or a wide-tooth comb which decreases the static electricity and holds up to repeated use. It is suggested to use a 100% boar hair brush as a hair loss treatment which gently stimulates the scalp, assists with healthy blood circulation and aids in the distribution of the scalp natural sebum. Sebaceous oil is hair’s natural protection and is the best thing to prevent breakage especially if hair is shoulder length or longer. And lastly, for the thick hair, it is suggested to use a combination boar and nylon tool or a synthetic fiber brush to allow detangling and styling.
4. Your ponytail is too tight - Are you constantly pulling your hair back in a tight bun or ponytail? These styles tend to damage the hair follicles. One tight hairstyle is not going to harm your hair. But after many years, it could cause permanent hair loss. Try changing it up with a new hairstyle, never use rubber bands to tie the hair and wear ponytails or buns in different areas of the scalp. You can choose alternate between wearing a low and high ponytail.
5. Eating Wrong Food - A healthy, balanced diet is a key to everything including healthy hair. A diet not high enough in iron and protein leads to hair loss. If poor diet is the reason, you reverse the hair loss by balancing the food intake. This can work as a great hair loss treatment.
6. Too much hair styling products - Hair Products claim to keep the locks intact for a long time can cause more harm than one realizes. They make the hair brittle and dry. Once one combs the hair, the residue will cause the hair to break and fall.
7. Certain Medications - Certain medications or hormones cause hair loss. These can interfere with the normal cycle of hair growth causing hair to go in a resting phase and fall out prematurely.
8. Exposing Strands to Sunlight - It is not enough to slather sunscreen on your face. Your hair needs protection too. Constant exposure to UV rays can weaken the strength and elasticity of the tresses causing the cuticles to weaken resulting in brittle and dull hair. Doctors suggest to cover up with a scarf or carry an umbrella or use a conditioner with built-in sunscreen.
If you are looking for best hair loss treatment in Ahmedabad, Delhi, etc., Advanced Hair Studio is here to help you. We have a panel of hundreds of experts and R&D teams who spend their time in research and thus, brings us the latest hair loss treatment methods.
November 01, 2018
If you have split ends, cut them off. Many people pick at split ends which leads to more problems.