We all know that prevention is always better than cure. This idiom is extremely applicable to hair issues due to the common known fact, that if you lose approximately 15% of your strands, there’s no more way back left. Moreover nowadays the hair loss
has accelerated dramatically to become extremely rapid. This means that the time between you see the first signs of thinning hair to the time you become completely bald has been almost twice decreased. So it’s really important to come up with some solutions in the early stages of hair loss when the situation still can be naturally fixed so the density of your hair will remain.
First of all mind that, if it’s not a result of certain disease or aggressive treatment
, the most common reason of hair loss is genetically caused male or female pattern baldness and yet no one has invented a remedy which magically cures it. But it can be arrested if noticed in the right time. So carefully pay attention to monitoring the condition of your hairline, along with overall density and number of hair strands you lose (note, that it’s normal to lose 40-100 strands per day in average because of the natural process of hair renewing). Thus the problem of pattern baldness is caused with DHT hormone which production is a deal of genetic, if your parents or relatives have faced it you should also beware.
After discovering some signs of alert start the “hair-rescue operation” immediately. Here is the plan:
* Correct your habits in order to make your way of life healthier. Try to quit smoking and drinking alcohol, avoid stresses. Make sure that you sleep enough and don’t forget to workout just to cheer up the metabolism processes.
* The complete and balanced diet is also of a great importance. Consuming of such nutrients, as vitamin B, zinc, iron, calcium and protein is essential for hair to be healthy and strong. (Avoid red meat since it’s a DHT (Dihydrotestosterone) activator and therefore aggravates hair loss
. Include more of green tea and soya in your diet since these are natural DHT (Dihydrotestosterone) inhibitors and therefore help to control hair loss. Pumpkin seeds (sun-dried or roasted) taken daily helps control hair loss. Black dates, Halim seeds (gardencress), black raisins, fenugreek, eggs, nuts, cods are good for treating hair loss due to anemia. Limit intake of cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower and lentils if you are hypothyroid and its causing you to lose hair).
* For controlling hair loss due to dandruff (scaly scalp), take 2 tbsp of roasted powdered flax seeds daily. Yogurt also reduces intensity of scaling.
* Some people also try medication hair loss treatment
, but there is always a risk of getting certain side effects, so this kind of therapy must be strictly controlled by a doctor.
* Scalp massage with natural oils (jojoba, coconut almond) stimulates the blood flowing to the scalp and gives additional nutrition to the hair follicles.
* According to some medical researches drinking spearmint tea can reduce the level of testosterone, which is considered to be one of the main reasons of hair loss.
* Minimize the usage of hair dryers, hot curlers, hot brushes, hair straighteners
, hair fasteners, and chemical treatments and your hair will last longer. And watch where you put those heated tools; burned scalps can permanently damage hair follicles! Ultimately, natural drying is best for you hair, so aim to dry it naturally more often than drying it with heat.
* Slow down on the dyeing
. Never color your hair more often than 6 to 8 weeks and try for semi-coverage rather than full dyeing. If you must color your hair, choose ammonia-free products
* Some styles that require tight pulling and elastics, clips, etc. can be a cause of hair loss
if done on a daily basis. For example, tight ponytails, braiding tightly, corn-rows, and plaits, can lead to significant hair loss when done daily. Winding hair tightly onto rollers
, especially heated rollers, is also liable to cause more hair loss.
* Wash hair
regularly with mild shampoo and be gentle with your hair. Hair washing can form a part of preventing hair loss as it can keep your hair and scalp clean (preventing the chances of infections, etc. that might cause hair loss), and provided you use a mild shampoo, clean hair will give the impression of more volume than dirty hair, which tends to sit flatter and more parted than clean hair.
* Avoid brushing wet hair. This snaps off a lot of hair that could still be growing! If you must comb wet hair, use a very wide-toothed comb
. Also avoid brushing hair too frequently as doing so can injure hair and increase loss. Use your fingers to undo tangles
, not a comb or brush.
* Avoid rubbing hair vigorously with a towel after washing it. This can also lead to hair breakage. Pat it dry gently instead.
* Stress damages all of your body, and your hair is no exception. Loss of hair can be one of your body’s primary signals that you’re overdoing things and that it’s time to pull back.
* Exercise regularly. Good as a stress reduction strategy, physical activity also encourages better circulation, including for your scalp.
* Don’t always leave your hair open. It makes the hair collect dirt and increases chances of dandruff. Before going to sleep, do a loose plait to prevent excess hair loss.
* Avoid styling gels and other similar products, as these tend to accelerate hair loss, breakage, and daily wear and tear.
* Illnesses and taking antibiotics can result in hair loss, so keeping yourself in good physical condition enables you to counteract the effect that these have on your hair.
* Prefer mild shampoo and conditioner over any other type; it is gentler on your hair and will result in better overall condition. Equally, avoid harsh soaps, especially those containing deodorant, as these harm the scalp.
* Avoid too much exposure of your hair to sunlight.
* Celiac disease can cause hair loss; speak with your doctor if this is a concern.
* Cold beam laser therapy is a powerful way to reduce DHT level, arrest hair loss
, save and thicken existing thin and weak hair. Additionally, it can re-grow hair in areas where the hair follicles are still alive but deep-rooted, improve scalp condition and improve the quality and texture of hair.
So don’t wait till it’s too late! Call Advanced Hair Studio to undergo this hair-saving procedure now and keep your hair in the best shape.